The Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Disaster Vulnerability Reduction Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Contract # PPCR/DVRP/NCB/02/17, Construction of Meteorological Office Building.
The Ministry of Health and Environment now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for performing the works in respect of the above-mentioned Contract, for a construction period of eight (8) calendar months.
- Financial Capability
The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence that it meets the following financial requirement(s):
- Minimum Average Annual Construction Turnover for the last five (5) years of EC$2,000,000.00 in construction activity
- Experience and Technical Capacity
The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence to demonstrate that it meets the following experience requirement(s):
- Successfully completed at least two (2) contracts of similar construction works within the last five (5) years at a minimum value of EC$1,500,000.00 each, that has been satisfactorily and substantially completed as a Prime Contractor, Joint Venture Member, Management Contractor or Sub-contractor between January 1, 2013 and application submission deadline
- Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents
Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers - January 2011, Revised July 2014 - ("Procurement Guidelines"), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to Paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank's Policy on Conflict of Interest.
Qualifications requirements are stipulated in Instructions to Bidders, Section III, Evaluation and Qualification Criteria, of the Bidding Documents. Bidders are strongly advised to read this Section thoroughly to ensure that they understand the requirements and are able to provide all the required information establishing their eligibility and qualification for award of the Contract.
A complete set of bidding documents in English may be obtained by interested eligible bidders at the address below upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of EC$270.00 or US$100.00 equivalent. The method of payment shall be as follows:
- Wire transfer to Account Number 615000376 in the name of Government of Dominica, DVRP Project for payment in Eastern Caribbean Currency; Or wire transfer to Account Number 261200019 in the name of Government of Dominica DVRP Project for payment in United States Currency; or
- Manager's Cheque in the name of Government of Dominica, DVRP Project, delivered to the address given below
The document will be sent by electronic mail for overseas delivery; and, may be collected by local prospective bidders at the address below. If urgency or security dictates, courier services may be requested for overseas delivery.
Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 15, 2018. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders' designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below at 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 15, 2018.
A pre-bid meeting will be held at 9:30 am on January 15, 2018, at the Office of Disaster Management, Jimmit, Dominica. A site visit will take place immediately following the meeting. Interested bidders are therefore advised to make every effort to attend this important pre-bid meeting.
All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of EC$25,000.00 (or equivalent in freely convertible currency).
The address referred to above (for collection and delivery of Bidding Documents) is:
Project Coordination Unit
Disaster Vulnerability Reduction Project
Attn: Mr. Collin Guiste – Project Coordinator
38 Cork Street, First Floor
Roseau, Commonwealth of Dominica
Tel: 1 (767) 266-3139 / 266-3199
Fax: 1 (767) 448-3873