Saint Lucia has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Disaster Vulnerability Reduction Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for Consultancy Services to provide Technical Services to the Saint Lucia Development Bank (SLDB)with the Procurement and Implementation of a Centralized Core Banking System.
The consulting services ("the Services") include preparing the bidding documents including the development of technical specifications (functional, technical and performance criteria, and providing technical support (quality assurance) during the implementation, that is, supply, installation and testing of the Centralized Core Banking System. More specifically, the Consultant will prepare the functional and technical requirements, and the single-stage ICB document (or another method, depending on the outputs of this assignment), and assist the SLDB in selecting the best available solution/supplier during the bidding process for the CCBS. The Consultant will also assist during the implementation of selected CCBS solution for verification/validation of the deliverables. The Consulting Services will be undertaken in two phases. Phase 1 includes Preparation of the CCBS technical requirements and draft bidding document and support during the CCBS Bidding process while Phase 2 is for support during the implementation of the CCBS while Phase 2. The assignment requires six (6) person months over a period of twelve (12) calendar months.
The Department of Economic Development, Transport and Civil Aviation now invites eligible individual consultants ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services; (Curriculum Vitae, description of similar assignments, etc).
Interested Consultants should have the following requisite minimum qualifications and professional experiences listed below for undertaking the assignment.
- University degree in information sciences, engineering, or another relevant discipline;
- At least 10 years relevant experience in the design and implementation of information and communication technology (ICT);
- Experience in designing, implementing and advising on ICT solutions for Core Banking Systems in at least one project within the last 4 years;
- Comprehensive knowledge of World Bank procurement guidelines and bidding documents used for the supply and installation of information systems
- Experience in preparation of bidding documents (e.g. ICB) for the procurement of ICT solutions for Core Banking Systems or similar applications in at least one successfully completed bidding process
- Ability to communicate, negotiate, elaborate and present reports and statements; and
- Good knowledge of the English language, written and spoken
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers January 2011 Revised July 2014 ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants (IC) method set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers January 2011 Revised July 2014 ("Consultant Guidelines").
Expressions of Interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by June 19, 2018.
Project Coordination Unit
Ministry of Economic Development, Housing, Urban Renewal, Transport and Civil Aviation
Attn: Project Coordinator
2nd Floor, Finance Administrative Centre
Trou Garnier, Pointe Seraphine
Tel: (758) 468 2413