The Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Pilot Program for Climate Resilience/Disaster Vulnerability Reduction Project (PPCR/DVRP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Supply and Installation of Hydrometeorological Network Equipment.
The Ministry of Environment, Climate Resilience, Disaster Management and Urban Renewal, Project Coordination Unit now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders to:
- Supply, install, configure, operationalize equipment and accessories for establishment of a hydrometeorological network of approximately forty-four (44) stations, comprising of water level stations, rainfall stations, and automatic weather stations
- Establish a data collection facility with computer hardware and software to collect and provide timely dissemination of information through a web portal that shall be operated by Dominica Meteorological Service (DMS);
- Provide maintenance and support services during warranty period of the hydrometeorological network; and
- Provide necessary capacity building to operate and maintain the network
If Bidder is Manufacturer
- Financial Capability
The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence that it meets the following financial requirement(s):
- Minimum average annual turnover of five million dollars, United States currency (US$5,000,000), calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last three (3) years
- The Bidder shall demonstrate that it has access to, or has available, liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means sufficient to meet the cash flow requirements of the Contract estimated as US$700,000 minimum
- The audited balance sheets for the last three (3) years shall be submitted and must demonstrate the current soundness of the Bidder's financial position and indicate its prospective long-term viability. As a minimum, Bidder's net worth calculated as the difference between total assets and total liabilities should be positive
- Experience and Technical Capacity
The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence to demonstrate that it meets the following experience requirement(s):
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in supplying and installing a minimum of 100 GOES satellite transmitters
- More than five (5) years supplying and installing DCPs
- Provide at least three (3) references for similar services performed within the past five years that include specific written project descriptions and contracts detailing the firm's experience and accomplishments similar to the scope requirements defined herein. Also include the points of contact by name, title, address, phone number and email address
- In the case of a Joint Venture (JV), at least one member of the JV shall meet the requirement listed in (i), (ii) and (iii) above
- Documentary Evidence
- The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence to demonstrate that the Goods it offers meet the following usage requirement
- All equipment and components supplied shall be suitable for the purpose and intended use described in the Schedule of Requirements
If Bidder is not Manufacturer
- If a Bidder is not a manufacturer but is offering the Goods on behalf of the Manufacturer under Manufacturer's Authorization Form (Section IV, Bidding Forms), the Manufacturer shall demonstrate the above qualifications (a), (b), (c) and the Bidder shall demonstrate that it has successfully completed at least three (3) contracts of similar goods in the past five (5) years
Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers January 2011, Revised July 2014 ("Procurement Guidelines"), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of EC$270.00 or US$100.00 equivalent. The method of payment shall be as follows:
- Wire transfer to Account Number 615000376 in the name of Government of Dominica, DVRP Project for payment in Eastern Caribbean Currency; Or wire transfer to Account Number 261200019 in the name of Government of Dominica DVRP Project for payment in United States Currency; or
- Manager's Cheque in the name of Government of Dominica, DVRP Project, delivered to the address given below
The document will be sent by electronic mail for overseas delivery; and, may be collected by local prospective bidders at the address below. If urgency or security dictates, courier services may be requested for overseas delivery.
Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 1500 hours on August 30, 2018. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders' designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below on August 30, 2018 at 1500 hours.
All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of US$35,000.
The address referred to above is:
The Project Coordinator
Project Coordination Unit
Disaster Vulnerability Reduction Project (DVRP)
Ministry of Environment, Climate Resilience, Disaster Management and Urban Renewal
Attention: Collin Guiste
38 Cork Street, 1st Floor
Commonwealth of Dominica
T: (767) 266 3139/3141
F: (767) 448 3873