- Obtain a Survey Plan of the plot and Certificate of Title.
- Discuss intention with family members.
- Discuss the Subdivision Plan with your surveyor.
- Think long term, and prepare a Comprehensive Plan of your property.
- Check with the Physical Planning Division for Development Plan of that area.
- Consult with the Physical Planning Division for advice on:
- The kind of uses suitable for that particular area.
- The type of subdivision recommended for that particular area.
- Lot density applicable to the area (Low, Medium or High density).
- Minimum lot size which is determined by:
- Soil type (percolation capability of soil) which determines the sewerage system suitable for area.
- Character of the area.
- Prepare Subdivision Plan. The plan should include:
- Different uses (e.g. commercial, institutional, recreational relevant to the area and size of development)
- Dimension of lots
- Lot numbers
- Cross-section of road
- Contours which indicate slope of land
- Existing and proposed Water lines (Water Reticulation Plan prepared by a qualified engineer and certified by DOWASCO)
- Existing and proposed electricity poles
- Location of garbage disposal
- Plan must be checked by relevant agencies for recommendation:
- Environmental Health
- Agricultural Department
- Forestry Division
- Fisheries Division
For more information, contact:
Ministry of Public Works, Energy and Ports
1st Floor, Government Headquarters
Commonwealth of Dominica
Telephone: (767) 266 3524
Fax: (767) 440 4799