Conditions for granting of Permanent Residence
- Applicant should have been resident or have been employed on island for five (5) years.
- On the discretion of the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Immigration and Labour.
Documents required for applying for Permanent Residence
- Completed Application Forms. All non-nationals above the age of 18 years must complete an application form. Application forms are available at the Labour Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Immigration and Labour.
- Medical certificate stating that the applicant is in good health and has not in the past three years suffered from any communicable disease.
- Two testimonials from persons who have known the applicant from the time he/she has been in Dominica.
- Statement of financial position from a reputable banker or letter from employer accepting responsibility for employee and stating duration and type of employment.
- Recent Police Record.
- Application fee - to be paid at the Treasury Department:
- CARICOM Nationals: EC$400.00
- Non-CARICOM Nationals: EC$800.00
- Treasury receipt as proof of payment of application fee.
- Letter from applicant’s friend/family accepting responsibility for applicant while in Dominica, if applicant is not employed.
- Cover letter requesting Permanent Residence.
- Marriage Certificate.
- Copies of work/resident permits issued since the applicant has been in Dominica.
For more information, contact:
Ministry National Security, Labour and Immigration
2nd Floor, Government Headquarters
Commonwealth of Dominica
Telephone: (767) 266 3553
Fax: (767) 448 8960