The Ministry of Tourism and Urban Renewal invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Chief Technical Officer.
The Chief Technical Officer will be directly responsible to the Permanent Secretary for the proper performance of his/her duties. His/Her core functions will include:
- Providing advice on and assisting in the formulation of departmental policies and procedures pertaining to the various aspects of the Ministry of Tourism and Urban Renewal including:
- assist with the setting of the Ministry's goals, objectives and performance standards;
- Drafting position papers and Cabinet Papers for policy consideration;
- Conducting research and submitting reports;
- Recommending changes and revision in the nature and scope of projects;
- Coordinating the collection of information and statistical data to assist in the planning function
- Advising on Tourism and Urban Renewal related programmes
- Liaising with Discover Dominica Authority/Invest Dominica Authority and other related agencies on matters related to tourism promotion and overall tourism sector development programmes
- Co-ordinating, supervising and monitoring the implementation of the programmes/projects undertaken by the Ministry of Tourism and Urban Renewal, in order to ensure the terms and conditions are adhered to
- Co-ordinating and supervising the work of all technical staff to ensure the implementation of the Ministry's work programme
- Undertaking other administrative and technical activities as may from time to time be assigned by the Minister or Permanent Secretary including preparing briefs for the Minister and Permanent Secretary and providing information to the public as required
Qualifications, Experience and Abilities
Applicants should possess:
- A Bachelor's degree in Economics, Accounting, Tourism Management, Management Studies or related fields and Certificate in Project Management/Development
- A minimum of two (2) years of management and relevant experience
- The ability to:
- Interpret Government policies
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Interpret and present statistical data
- Analyse, assimilate and compile information
- Assess environmental impacts
- Think strategically and analytically
- Prepare and appraise projects documents
- Monitor and evaluate projects
- Plan, organize and coordinate activities
- Deal with and relate effectively to people
- Impart knowledge
Salary will be paid at $69,136.80 per annum.
The officer will be entitled to a travelling allowance of seven hundred and twenty-three dollars and eighty cents ($723.80) per month and $2.60 per mile for official travel within monthly approved limits.
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae, including names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) references, and copies of all relevant certificates should be submitted to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Tourism and Urban Renewal
Interested Public Officers should apply through their Heads of Department.
The closing dated for the receipt of applications is March 15, 2017.