Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the position of Radiographer, Ministry of Health and Environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Senior Radiographer, the Radiographer:
- Provides assistance to patients before, during and after X-ray procedures in order to make patients comfortable;
- Operates all radiographic equipment and makes radiographic exposures in order to produce radiographs for use in diagnosing disease and disorders of the human body;
- Operates a Mobile X-ray unit to facilitate diagnosis of bedridden, Neonatology and ICU patients;
- Mixes contrast media according to prescribed formula for use during special X-rays;
- Manipulates the C-arm unit in operating theatre;
- Operates the Mammographic Unit;
- Manipulates the Computed Tomography Unit (CT);
- Ensures that radiographic procedures are conducted within prescribed format and quality;
- Performs other related duties to facilitate the smooth functioning of the unit;
- Ability to perform quality assurance of Mammography and CT machine;
- Ability to work with Radiologist to perform special and contrast studies;
|Qualifications||A Certificate in Radiography|
|Experience||Three (3) years|
Salary is in the scale 18 - 9, EC$28,015.20 - $42,170.16 per annum.
Applications with Curriculum Vitae and copies of all relevant certificates and the names of two (2) referees should be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Health and Environment
Telephone: (767) 266 3260/3259
Fax: (767) 448 6086
Public Officers must apply through their Head of Department.
The closing date for receipt of applications is July 31, 2017.
Only candidates who are shortlisted will be acknowledged.