The International Procurement Specialist will be responsible for the overall coordination of procurement arrangements of the WB-Supported project portfolio in accordance with the Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica [GoCD] and World Bank's procurement requirements. It is expected that the Specialist will provide significant hands-on support in the preparation and undertaking of procurement activities, and in the provision of training and knowledge transfer to PIU Procurement Officers.
The Specialist will perform the following tasks:
- Accompany the Procurement Officer of each of the three PIUs and facilitate meetings with stakeholders to obtain necessary information for preparation of bidding documents, Bid Evaluation Reports, Requests for Expressions of Interest (REOIs), Requests for Proposals, including TORs, contracts, and other related procurement documents
- Develop and update with inputs from the World Bank Project Implementation Units and relevant ministries, the procurement plan for the whole projects in accordance with the World Bank's standard format and consistent with the procurement arrangements (including procurement methods, thresholds, prior review arrangements) applicable to the project; It is important to mention that approval and update of procurement plans, shall be through the World Bank STEP system
- Prepare with inputs from the projects, Terms of References (ToRs), bidding documents, Request for Expression of Interest (REOI), Request for Proposals (RFPs), evaluating bids and proposals, evaluation reports, contracts, and other procurement documents for procurement packages in conjunction with PIU Procurement Officers
- Establish close coordination with the procurement officers of each WB project on all fiduciary aspects of the intervention
- Provide guidance and request inputs from the PIU procurement officer, and serve as key liaison between the PIU and the IST concerning procurement
- Provide detailed instructions for the Project Evaluation Committee(s) (to be formed by the projects with the participation of involved institutions of the Government)
- Provide guidance to all projects for the continuous update of the Project Procurement Strategy for Development (PPSD), including market research analysis for procurement packages as necessary
- Provide advice to project procurement officers on all issues with respect to Bank procurement procedures related to the broad set of procurement activities as may arise during the implementation of the Project
- Lead on-the-job- training activities linked to the World Bank procurement procedures
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with the World Bank and the Government of Dominica policy frameworks (rules, regulations, procedures), elaboration of effective internal controls, proper design and functioning of the projects' procurement management system, operation procedures, controls and harmonization of workflows
- Lead processes linked to the procurement of civil works, goods, Consulting and Non consulting procedures on a competitive basis in accordance with the agreed methods and requirements included in the Procurement Regulations for Borrowers under IPF: Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services dated July 1, 2016; "Guidelines on Preventing and Combating Fraud and Corruption in Projects Financed by IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants (revised as of July 1, 2016)"; and provisions stipulated in the Financing Agreement
Expression of Interest
View the entire Implementation Support Team (IST) International Procurement Specialist (PDF, 38 KB) vacancy announcement.