After the passage of Hurricane Maria in September 18, 2017, The Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica (GoCD) with funding from the World Bank Group commence with the implementing the Emergency Agricultural Livelihoods and Climate Resilience Project (EALCRP). The objectives of the Project are to contribute to restoring agricultural livelihoods and enhancing climate resilience of farmers and fisher folks affected by Hurricane Maria in Dominica.
Subcomponent B.1 will help in the process of restoring key public sector infrastructure and assets damaged by the hurricane and restore the essential public services that farmers livelihoods depend on. The key areas where reconstruction or rehabilitation of the public infrastructure is needed include:
- Five crop propagation centers (including forestry)
- The Central Livestock Farm
- Regional offices and training centers, including the Northeast Agricultural Regional Office
- Forestry Division's sylvicultural centers and facilities
- Reconstruction and rehabilitation of eco-trails, and
- Rehabilitation of two irrigation systems
Read the entire Rehabilitation of the North East Agriculture Regional Office Dominica - Subcomponent B.1: Restoration of Key Infrastructure in Agriculture (PDF, 2,896 KB) document.