The Discover Dominica Authority (DDA) requires a suitably qualified professional to fill a leadership/management position of Festivals & Events Manager (FEM).
Under the direction of the CEO/ Director of Tourism of the DDA FEM will be responsible for the promotion, marketing and management of major festivals and special events in Dominica, for example, Carnival, Jazz 'n Creole, and the World Creole Music Festival; and providing effective leadership, accountability, and management of the activities of the unit in driving the events and entertainment pillar. The individual will be expected to work closely with regional and international agencies and stakeholders, and local public and private sector groups, artistes, performers, and the entertainment industry as a whole.
- Ensure adequate pre-planning, implementation, periodic review of plans and programs of the unit and to effectively communicate information through written correspondence, oral communication, preparation of reports and reviews
- To ensure that the sub-committees for events i.e., WCMF, Carnival, Village Feasts and Festivals are functioning efficiently, effectively, and professionally
- To organize pre and post event meetings with sub-committees and staff and maintain communication with law enforcement and emergency medical services as key event stakeholders
- To direct, coordinate and supervise activities of personnel, vendors and subcontractors as required to successfully execute assigned events through a process of event orders submitted through the Chairperson of each sub- committee
- To develop and maintain effective relationships with service contractors and other suppliers of event services; and to monitor contractual services and delivery and report all deviations to project sponsor within specified period
- To effectively communicate with up-line management and project sponsors regarding strategic plans, policies and operational programs
- To demonstrate leadership in effective handling of staff, administrative, budgeting, and other fiscal responsibilities as project manager and lead for each event and in aggregate
Education/Training and Experience
- The successful applicant should have at least five (5) years’ experience in a senior management position, be familiar with the art and entertainment industry, computer literate with strong interpersonal and leadership qualities
- The position calls for a highly motivated individual with a strong capacity for decision-making and good public relations skills. Applicants should possess relevant qualifications or experience in Event Management and Project Management
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools
- High level of proficiency in the use of Information and Communication Technologies
- Sound understanding of business principles and the commercial environment within which Discover Dominica Authority operate
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Conditions of Recruitment
The position is to be filled on a contractual basis, subject to renewal upon decision by the Board of Directors.
Application Process and Timeline
Indicate your interest by forwarding your Cover Letter, Resume and three (3) references to include at least two (2) most recent employers in sealed envelopes, marked Confidential Application for the Position of Festivals & Events Manager, Discover Dominica Authority and addressed to:
The CEO/Director of Tourism
Discover Dominica Authority
Ground and 1st Floor, 5-7 Great Marlborough Street
Closing date for receipt of applications is December 16, 2022.