The Discover Dominica Authority (DDA) requires a suitably qualified professional to fill the position of Product Development Executive.
Under the direction of the Product Promotions Manager, the Product Development Executive (PDE) leads the development and implementation of the Product Development plan/activities, guides the development of promotional materials for the niche product markets and maintains communication and productive relationships with key tourism industry stakeholders.
- Product Development: Develops, leads, and implements a product development methodology that will result in recommendations and implementation of new product offerings. The PDE is responsible for driving the making process, ensuring that projects are implemented as planned
- Market Research & Intelligence: Undertakes market research and market intelligence to include surveys and other external data collection strategies to ascertain consumer needs and preferences and new trends within the sector and use to drive decision making. Plans and executes tourism educational programs and tourism sector development programs
- Marketing Implementation: Works in conjunction with the Marketing team to maintain marketing needs required for the product development
- Industry Relations: Develops and implements communication strategies for sustainable relationships with Tourism stakeholders and provides information to stakeholders to develop awareness of market potential, and marketing opportunities among members of the Dominican Tourism Industry
Education/Training and Experience
- Applicants should possess relevant qualifications at Degree level in Tourism and Destination Management, Marketing, Public Relations, or a Business-related field
- Certification in Product Development would be an asset
- A minimum of five years' work experience in tourism product development and/or other areas of the tourism industry
- Sound understanding of tourism sector needs; including health and wellness and community tourism
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools
- High level of proficiency in the use of Information and Communication Technologies
- Sound understanding of business principles and the commercial environment within which DDA operates
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and experience interacting with high profile executives and clients
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
Conditions of Recruitment
The position is to be filled on a contractual basis, subject to renewal upon decision by the Board of Directors.
Application Process and Timeline
Indicate your interest by forwarding your Cover Letter, Resume and three (3) references in sealed envelopes, marked Application for the Position of Product Development Executive, and addressed to:
The CEO/Director of Tourism
Discover Dominica Authority
Ground and 1st Floor, 5-7 Great Marlborough StreetRoseau, Dominica
Closing date for receipt of applications is December 16, 2022.